Part and Full Time Day shifts required – Between £9.35 and £12.42 per hour dependent on qualifications
and days of work. We are looking for Care Assistants to join our friendly team.
We are an independent nursing home offering nursing and residential care, set in beautiful surroundings.
The Dower House has a relaxed atmosphere, is a lovely environment to work in and we pride ourselves
in the levels of care we offer our residents. With over 30 years’ experience in care, we offer exceptional
working conditions; high staff ratios; good rates of pay and a cheerful and friendly atmosphere. We are
looking for new team members to enhance our current team, many of who have a great length of service
at The Dower House.
Rewards and Benefits –
- Good rates of pay.
- Enhanced weekend, nights and bank holiday rates of pay.
- NVQ opportunities.
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday.
- Free home-made meals (dependent on shift length).
- Good pension contributions.
- Flexible shift patterns.
- Free parking.
- Free uniform.
- DBS Check.
- Family and friend’s referral scheme.
- Continuous training, supervision and mentoring.
Who are you?
Are you motivated and passionate about providing a high level of care for others?
Do you have a genuine interest in working within a caring environment?
We are looking for individuals with a person-centred approach to:
- Working well in a team.
- Providing a high level of care for our residents.
- Effective communication.
We would love you to have achieved or be working towards a care certificate
(if not you need to be willing to complete) and basic understanding of the
Health and Social Care Act 2008 and all other relevant legislation. It would
be ideal but not essential for you to have previous experience of working in
a care setting and a relevant vocational qualification (NVQ, QCF).
Your responsibilities will include offering the following with a caring
and compassionate person-centred approach:
- Assisting our residents to meet their own personal care needs in a dignified and respectful way.
- Assisting in the serving and clearing of meals, snacks and drinks. Providing the assistance needed
to our residents to eat and drink, monitoring intake and reporting any concerns.
- To complete all food and fluid charts and any other daily monitoring records as requested.
- To respond promptly to bell calls to ensure the safety and welfare of our residents.
- To participate in social activities with residents and to use all interactions with residents as an
opportunity for stimulation / occupation.
Join us for a tour of the house to experience the welcoming, homely atmosphere. Book a visit now, we’d be delighted to welcome you.
Simply give us a call on 01962 882848 to book your visit.