Do you enjoy giving a high standard of care but are frustrated by time constraints? Join us at our independent Nursing Home in a lovely environment, 2 ½ miles from the centre of Winchester.
Our reputable privately owned nursing home requires experienced RGNs who will provide and maintain professional standards of nursing care in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery (NMC) code of conduct.
Your role will be to promote and adhere to The Dower House Philosophy of Care and having regard for the privacy, dignity and individuality of our Residents. You will undertake all duties and responsibilities in a way which reflects the overall philosophy of The Dower House which is to put our residents needs first in a professional and friendly atmosphere.
To assist senior managers with the supervision and support of all staff within the Care Department.
The Dower House Nursing Home. The space and the time to care.
· free on-site parking
· a pro-rata holiday allowance of 5.6 weeks per year (including bank holidays)
· free uniform
· contribution into a pension scheme
· training as required
· discounted and delicious home-made lunch (dependent upon shifts worked)
Your responsibilities will include
· ensuring all care and support for our residents is carried out in line with The Dower House policies and procedures in order to achieve efficient and effective resident focused care
· maintenance of efficient communications within the care team
· ensuring effective liaison between all nursing and care staff and other departments in order to maintain a unified approach to residents’ care
· providing line management and supervision of care staff to ensure they are supported to complete their duties in line with their roles and responsibilities.
· always ensuring duties carried out during your shift are carried out in a correct and professional manner
· always acting in accordance with the scope of your professional practice, taking accountability for your actions and working in accordance with the NMC code of conduct
· striving to support and embed best practice in all areas of care to ensure our residents receive the highest level of care in line with their wishes and preferences whilst always ensuring their safety and welfare
· ensuring registration with the NMC is maintained at all times and actively participating in reflective practice and revalidation events
· when rostered as Senior Sister on duty, be responsible for, and take charge of, the smooth running of the care shift at The Dower House
· identification and promotion of best practice in all areas of clinical and personal care to ensure the safety and welfare of our residents.
· identifying areas of specific interest for your own personal development and share best practice from these areas in the home to promote the wellbeing and safety of our residents.
· participation in training as required.
· minimum of two years’ experience as an RGN
· previous experience of working in a care setting
· maintenance of individual and professional development in line with NMC requirements
Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Join us for lunch and a tour of the house to experience the welcoming, homely atmosphere. Book a visit now, we’d be delighted to welcome you.